TICKETS are written by the Sheriff's for the Village. The Clerk inputs the data into the system. The bottom right of the ticket will have a box checked YES if appearance in court is required (a non-wavierable offense). If checked NO, payment can be made at the Clerk’s Office prior to court (a waiverable offense). An additional $37.00 late fee is added after seven (7) days. *Acceptable payment methods are exact cash, money orders, credit/debit cards or a certified check payable to the Village of Lincoln Heights Mayor’s Court. We also accept credit/debit card payments over the phone; all receipts are mailed/emailed to the payee.
MAYOR’S COURT is held every 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 4:30 P.M. (with exceptions during November and December for holidays). Anyone scheduled for court will appear at The Village Municipal Building, 1201 Steffen Avenue, Lincoln Heights, OH 45215 and should arrive no EARLIER than 4:15 P.M. Each person must be scanned by an Officer at the entryway before entering the Courtroom.
ON COURT DAY
- Continuances CANNOT be granted by phone;
- Messages left on the voicemail after NOON will not be answered or returned until the next workday;
- NO CASH PAYMENTS accepted after NOON as deposits must be the same day; however, credit/debit transactions may be made until 2:00 P.M. In either case, you may still come to court to make the payment* with permission from the Prosecutor (whether scheduled on the docket or not).
COURTROOM RULES - If not adhered to, persons will NOT be permitted in the Courtroom
- Children are to remain in the foyer with a responsible adult until the person is called to appear before the Prosecutor and Magistrate;
- Cellphones may be confiscated if disruptive to the proceedings;
- No head coverings (hats/caps on men) are permitted if not for a religious reason;
- Pants must be pulled up – no underwear showing;
- No inappropriate wording on clothing;
- No tight-fitting revealing outerwear on anyone.