Job Opening for Administrative Assistant to the Village Manager
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE VILLAGE MANAGER
Summary: Keeps records and executes administrative policies determined by the Village Manager in conjunction with secretarial duties by performing the following duties. Serves as liaison between the Village Manager, Mayor/Council and other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
This list is Illustrative Only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by and/or under this position.
- Serves as administrative assistant to Village
- Maintains department calendar and schedules
- Answers incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible. Arranges programs, events, or conferences by arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing
- Prepares records such as agenda, notices, and minutes for meetings.
- Composes and prepares correspondence, reports, and other complex
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel- related
- Order, receive, and distribute office supplies.
- Operate and oversee office equipment such as copier, postage meter, and phone system. Interacts with service technicians and vendors.
- Needs to be proficient in electronic recording equipment, standard office equipment, Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS
- Familiar with social media platforms.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies-
- Municipal operations and policy
- Leadership development methods, practices, and
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Accepts feedback from
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and
- Judgment- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected
- Attendance/Punctuality – Demonstrates good attendance habits; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree in related field; or one year certificate from college or technical school; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient in Microsoft programs. Familiar with and use of social media platforms.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to use basic math -add and subtract, multiply and divide.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of internet software and word processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Ohio Driver License in good standing.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Apply at Lincoln Heights Administration Building, 1201 Steffen Avenue, Lincoln Heights, Ohio 45215, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. Send cover letter and resume to Joyce Powdrill, Village Manager: email@example.com or mail to above address. Position open until filled. EOE